Special Issue Guest Editors:
- Dillon Landi, Towson University
- Sara Flory, University of South Florida
This Special Edition on LGBTQIA+ Topics in Health, Wellbeing, and Education seeks to bring together an assemblage of voices from social science, education, health, and physical activity to address LGBTQIA+ topics in their respective research areas. Health, wellbeing, and education are inclusive of a variety of fields such as sociology of health, education, gender studies, queer studies, sport and physical cultural studies, health education, physical education, as well as psychology. By bringing together various disciplines, we aim to provide a collection of papers that produce diverse perspectives, tensions, and augmentations in furthering dialogue around LGBTQIA+ issues in health, wellbeing, and education.
Although it will be for authors to decide on titles and foci, the following areas are identified as particularly relevant to this special issue:
- LGBTQIA+ young people’s experiences in health, wellbeing, and educational settings.
- LGBTQIA+ adult experiences in health, wellbeing, and educational settings.
- Role of policies affecting LGBTQIA+ issues in health, wellbeing, and education.
- The intersection of curriculum and pedagogy with LGBTQIA+ issues in health, wellbeing, and education.
- Young people’s activism in health, wellbeing, and education.
- LGBTQIA+ organisations and their role in health, wellbeing, and education of communities and schools.
- Theoretical and methodological considerations of working with LGBTQIA+ persons.
Submissions are not limited to the above points, but authors should refer to the above special edition statements when composing their proposals and manuscripts.
All submissions will be a maximum of 7500 words inclusive of references.
To be considered for the special edition, you must submit a 300-word abstract via email to the special issue co-editors (emails below).
All submissions are subject to a double-blind review process by a minimum of two referees. Neither acceptance nor place in the special edition can be guaranteed.