In recent years, several studies have been dedicated to event-related technological aspects, often under the prism of experience design, event thinking and interaction, or focusing on the artificial intelligence and robots. However, those studies have only just began to explore the underpinning principles and aspects of the contribution of technology in business competitiveness and the formulation of consumer experiences. Moreover, the event-related theoretical and applied aspects of technology need to be approached from a multidisciplinary point of view, to enable a better understanding of the internal and external dynamics that affect their evolution and development.
This special issue welcomes theoretical, empirical, experimental, and case study research contributions. These contributions should clearly address the theoretical and practical implications of the research in reference. Both conceptual and empirical work are welcome. The event-related technology enabled competitiveness and experiences can be viewed under a variety of prisms, including but not limited to:
- Competitiveness, sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Consumer behaviour, decision-making, expectations, experience and satisfaction
- Smart events cities / destinations / infrastructure
- Culture, heritage, place -making and storytelling in events
- AR/VR/XR, Metaverse
- Human resources, equality, diversity, and labour operations in events
- Robotics, AI, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics
- Emerging and innovative research methods and methodologies
- Sharing/gig economy, collaborative consumption, value co-creation
- Innovation, creativity and change management
- IT, ICT, e-tourism, social media, gamification and mobile technologies
- Marketing, advertising, branding and reputation management in events
- Policy, planning, and governance
- Health, well-being, quality of life and wellness
- Training and events education
- Other interdisciplinary areas related with events
Each paper submitted for publication consideration is subjected to the standard review process designated by the Event Management journal. Based on the recommendations of the reviewers, the Editor-in-chief along with the guest editors will decide whether particular submissions will be accepted, revised or rejected. Please note that the review process will start after the full paper submission deadline.
Please submit the papers to the journal’s online platform at the Special Issue Theme: Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Events.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: Sunday, 16th March 2024.
Expected Publication Date: Mid or end of 2025.
Note: Please be advised that the review process will start after the submission deadline.
All papers should follow the submission guidelines of the Event Management journal. For more information please visit: Event Management
* * *
The special issue is supported by the International Conference (THE INC 2024) “Technology Enabled Competitiveness and Experiences in Tourism, Hospitality and Events”, which is the official conference of ATHENA (Association of Tourism Hospitality and Events Networks in Academia), and will be held from 5th till 7th June 2024 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.