The Department of Athletics at Colorado State University is hosting its 2nd annual Diversity Summit in the Rockies March 5-7, 2015. The Diversity Summit in the Rockies offers the opportunity to share knowledge and scholarship that advances critical discussions on inclusive excellence as it relates to intercollegiate athletics and other sport industries.
The Call for Proposals is open October 6th to December 1st. Sport scholars, graduate and undergraduate students, and sport practitioners (e.g. learning coordinators, life skills program directors, administrators, coaches, sport performance staff) are all invited to submit a proposal for consideration. The theme of this year’s summit is:
Lifting As We Climb
Appropriate topics include:
- Historically underserved and/or under-represented populations
- Sport management and organizational leadership
- Student athlete development, retention and experiences
- Policy intervention and implementation related to diversity and inclusion
- Programmatic curricula/design
Abstracts must not exceed 200 words. Presenters should be prepared to present for 12-
15 minutes, including time for audience questions/interaction. All other presentations that
might exceed this time limit must receive prior approval by Albert Bimper (see contact
below). Submitted abstracts should include the following:
- Presentation title and key words (2-3 descriptors of proposal);
- Institution(s), affiliated organization/center;
- Author contact information.
All submissions should be sent electronically to Albert.Bimper@colostate.edu with the
subject line “Diversity Summit 2015 Abstract”.
The deadline for all proposal submissions is December 1, 2014.