American Marketing Association (AMA) 2015 Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, August 14-16, 2015 – Chicago, IL
Sports & Special Events Marketing Special Interest Group (SPORTSIG)
Sport Marketing Quarterly (SMQ) Best Paper Award
Advances in technology are influencing the ways in which sport fans consume sport-related content, and how brand marketers are utilizing investments in sport properties to connect with consumers. Given the importance of this emerging topic, the AMA Sports & Special Events Marketing Special Interest Group encourages papers for a special session at the AMA Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference focusing on:
The Influence of Technology on Sport Fan Engagement
While papers on any area of sport and event marketing will be given strong consideration for acceptance, we encourage submissions (both empirical and conceptual) focusing on the topic area, such as:
- Digital marketing’s role in sport sponsorship activation strategy
- Sport fan engagement through social media
- The impact of new social media applications in sport content delivery
- The mediating role of television in sponsorship delivery and efficacy
- Leveraging athlete endorsement via social media
- Implications of second screen use during sport content consumption
- Role of technology in new sport pricing strategies
SMQ Best Sport Marketing Paper
To encourage submissions for this special session, the AMA Sports & Special Events Marketing SIG has partnered with Sport Marketing Quarterly (SMQ) to award a best paper in the area of Sport Marketing during the SPORTSIG session at the AMA Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference. The selection of the best paper will be on the basis of contribution to the development of sport marketing science or practice.
The authors of the award-winning paper will receive a plaque and be invited to develop the conference paper into a full length manuscript for submission to Sport Marketing Quarterly for an expedited review process. SMQ is committed to publishing high quality research that advances the study and practice of sport marketing and is the most cited sport management journal among research published in general marketing journals, with a current acceptance rate of 15%. For more information please visit: http://bit.ly/SMQJournal.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: January 9, 2015
- Notification of inclusion in session proposal: February 1, 2015
Requirements for submission: Each submission should contain a 500-700 word abstract that includes the title of the paper and the names/affiliations of the authors. In addition, you must include an alphabetical list of references. The submission should be single spaced, and use 12-point Times New Roman font.
Questions & submissions should be directed to
- SPORTSIG Chair: Darin W. White, Ph.D.; Professor of Marketing & Sports Marketing Program Coordinator; Brock School of Business, Samford University, Darin.White@Samford.edu
- SPORTSIG Vice Chair: Joe Cobbs, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor; Department of Marketing, Economics, & Sports Business, Haile/US Bank College of Business, Northern Kentucky University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPORTSIG Co-Chair, Special Sessions: Jonathan A. Jensen, Instructor & Doctoral Student, Sport Management Program, The Ohio State University, email@example.com
For additional information about the AMA Summer Educators’ Conference visit: http://bit.ly/SportSIG.