Context, contingency and culture:
The sports coach as ‘bricoleur’
The Cluster for Research into Coaching (CRiC) and Sports Coaching Review present the fourth International Coaching Conference on the 6th and 7th of September 2017 at the Cardiff School of Sport, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Wales. Previously, the event has attracted leading scholars from across the UK and internationally. The event has provided a significant platform for networking and dissemination amongst the community of sports coaching scholars, students and practitioners. Relatedly, it has become a fruitful avenue through which postgraduate students working in the discipline can gain extensive exposure.
As in previous years, the conference encourages a wide range of submissions that engender debate on issues related to the pedagogy, history, philosophy, psychology and sociology of sports coaching. In addition, the organisers are keen to incorporate practitioner experiences and observations into the schedule alongside more academic perspectives. Presentations will be 20 minutes long with a further 10 minutes for questions.
We encourage a wide range of submissions that engender debate on issues related to:
- [critical] Sociology of sports coaching.
In addition, the organisers are keen to incorporate practitioner experiences and observations (e.g. the integration of theory into practice; critical observations of coach education) into the schedule alongside more academic perspectives
Abstracts should be 200-250 words and structured as follows:
- Full title of paper (as it will appear in the conference programme).
- Abstract main body, including background (outline of the context and/or academic literature informing the research), approach (indication of the broad theoretical orientation and/or methodological approach) and significance (description and application of the original research findings reported in the paper).
- Bibliographic references for any research cited in the abstract
- In addition, a biography for each author is required (100-150 words) stating current position, main research interests, key publications and contact details.
Abstracts and a short biography should be sent to Cric2017@cardiffmet.ac.uk.
General enquires directed to Dr. Christian Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org