Symposium Purpose: Our aim is to bring together sport and exercise psychology researchers and practitioners whose work focuses on social justice and praxis, marginalized communities, participants lacking scholarly attention, or that falls outside the positivist mainstream of sport psychology. A main purpose of this symposium is to bring together people passionate about these issues so that we can share our work as well as support and encourage each other. The symposium structure will encourage interaction and dialogue so that we may discuss professional issues as well as our research and practice. Although the focus is on sport and exercise psychology, we welcome submissions from scholars and practitioners from related disciplines.
The Symposium will consist of sport and exercise psychology research and praxis presentations as individual presentations and symposia. All presentations should clearly relate to the overall topic of social justice. Presentations may address original research, theoretical or conceptual topics, reviews of literature, praxis or professional practice, and/or policy.
Individual presentations will be presented by one person (can be co-authored) and will be 20 minutes in length. Upon acceptance, they will be grouped into sessions with 3-4 presentations followed by ample time for discussion.
Symposia will be presented by 3-4 and will be 60 minutes in length followed by approximately 30 minutes of discussion.
- The length of the abstract is 350 words
- Use Times Roman 12-point font
- Margins should be 1 inch and left justified
- Place the title on the top line in bold followed by a double space and then the authors’ first and last name and affiliation, and the email address of the lead author followed by another double line space and a single spaced text.
- Format abstract consistent with APA Publication Manual 5th edition.
- E-mail abstract to Vikki Krane (email@example.com)
Submission of an abstract indicates that if your proposal is accepted, you will attend the symposium and pay the registration fee.
Submission deadline: E-mail completed abstract by 5:00 p.m. February 1, 2017.