The call for abstracts for the “Football: Politics of the Global Game” conference, which will be held at the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies of the University of Warsaw, is now open! You can find all the details on the conference website: https://football.uw.
Submissions of individual papers on the conference themes or any other area of discussion relevant to issues of the political and social role of football are all invited. Abstracts of up to 300 words for papers should be filled into application form (follow this link) and submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for paper applications is July 16, 2018 – the day after the final of the FIFA World Cup 2018.
Please note that some important features of the conference have changed since the “save the date” message:
- The dates of the conference have changed to November 15-16, 2018.
- Some important dates have also been amended and the calendar goes now as follows:
- April 18, 2018 – Abstract submission open
- July 16, 2018 – Deadline for abstract submission
- August 30, 2018 – Notification of abstract acceptance
- September 1, 2018 – Registration open
- September 30, 2018 – Early bird registration deadline
- October 31, 2018 – Regular registration deadline
- November 29-30, 2018 – Conference dates
Conference fee, including coffee breaks, lunch, gala dinner and closing cocktail party is just EUR 100 (EUR 70 for PhD students and EUR 50 for full-time students respectively).
Two selections of papers presented at the conference will be published in the monograph prepared by the renowned publishing house and in the special issue of international peer-reviewed journal.
Spread the news about the conference among all potentially interested scholars and academics.