Are you interested in planning & coordinating a Parallel Session (1½h) including the invited presenters (max. four)?
6th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport welcomes your proposals for PARALLEL SESSIONS
The global sport community wants to learn from your experiences, initiatives, and/or research-based studies. We welcome you to take center stage and deliver an interesting and dynamic parallel session at the 6th IWG World Conference.
The deadline for your session proposal is December 20, 2013.
We are looking for proposals for 1.5 hour sessions that look at gender and/or sport from the perspectives of:
and fall under at least one of the conference themes:
- 100% SPORT – Enhancing participation through creativity and innovation
- MOVE ME! Physical activity, health, and well-being for life
- BUCK THE TREND – Leading the change in sport policy
- BE YOUR BEST COACH – Pursuing excellence in leadership and coaching
- SPORT WITHOUT FEAR – Sport as a safe haven and bastion for human rights
Your session will activate the session participants, for example, through:
- Practical exercises / workshop / skill building / toolkits
- Role play / simulation / drama or other creative methods
- Personal change story / organizational change story
- New ways that we’ve never seen before
- Dialog / debate / discussion
- Audio / visual elements are welcome
Your proposal should include the following:
- Title / topic of the session
- Contact information of the coordinator of the session
- Names of presenters / speakers (4 maximum) and their presentation topics / roles
- Summary of your proposed session (150 words maximum)
- Please choose one of the subthemes for your presentation and use up to five of the keywords (found on the conference web site) to describe the presentation
The organisers reserve the right either to accept or reject the proposal. The criteria used are:
- the proposal relates to the theme(s)
- the proposal is fresh, innovative, interesting and includes an international perspective
- the proposal includes presenters from more than only one country
- The organizers are not able to cover any costs related to your participation in the conference.
- All accepted presenters must complete their conference registration before they can be added to the conference program
- Notice of acceptance will be e-mailed to submitting author by 30 January 2014.
- Please send your session proposal to IWG Conference Manager Aira Raudasoja (aira.raudasoja(at)valo.fi)