Institute of History at Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland is announcing the international conference on history and anthropology of sport activities and leisure in the peripheries of geographical and political centers (“in the provinces”).
Potential vectors and themes through which to consider dimensions of sport and leisure in the peripheries include but are not limited to:
- spaces (geographical, cultural etc.) – people
- people – material culture
- sport and leisure – lifestyles
- sport and leisure – local identities (emotions, values, memories etc.)
- research methods for history and anthropology of sport and leisure.
We seek submissions from scholars working in diverse fields (history, anthropology, sociology, media studies, cultural studies, among others) as our intent is to facilitate a dialogue that is as interdisciplinary as possible.
The conference venue is Institute of History JU located in the heart of Krakow’s old town.The organizers provide *** hotel accommodation as well as catering for all speakers. The participation fee is waved for the speakers and attendees.
Papers presented at the conference will be published in a dedicated ISBN publication of the conference proceedings.
Important conference dates:
- Abstracts of 350-400 words with name(s), title(s), and academic affiliation(s) (if applicable) and a brief biographical summary should reach the conference organizers: dr hab. Marta Kurkowska-Budzan (email@example.com) or Marcin Stasiak (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 31, 2015. Papers should not exceed 20 minutes.
- Acceptances will be notified by April 15, 2015.
- Conference sessions: June 13 (Sat) – June 14 (Sun), 2015
- For the publication, revised versions of papers should be sent for peer-review to the conference organizers no later than July 15, 2015