Sport is a multidimensional phenomenon that means a lot to so many individuals and groups across the world. Its complexity raises various issues, which is why specialists in different fields discuss its past, present and future. Yet, sport has changed considerably over time, and capturing its transformations has always been a challenge for historical research.
For this reason, in order to better understand the impact of sport on the dynamics of our society, we invite you to explore the sport scene. This conference will examine the people’s relationship with sport from Antiquity to the present day and will discuss how the metamorphosis of sport is determined by the historical period, region, gender, class, ethnicity, etc.
Our event aims to bring together researchers and academic experts to exchange and share their research findings and ideas on all aspects of sport history.
Papers are invited on topics related, but not limited, to:
- Origins of sport
- Premodern sport
- Modern sport and its diffusion
- Sport and religion
- Contemporary history and development of sports
- Olympics and sport ethics
- Gender in sport history
- Sport science and technology
- Biography and autobiography in sport
- Sport fans during history
- Race and sport
- Anthropology of sport
- Daphne Bolz, University of Rouen Normandy, France
- Albrecht Sonntag, ESSCA School of Management, France
- Holger Preuss, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany
- Gregory Quin, University of Lausanne, Switzerland