The 2019 ISHPES Congress takes place in the city of Madrid, the capital of Spain. Madrid is the largest city in the country with a population of more than 3 million inhabitants. The Universidad Europea de Madrid with the Campus of Villaviciosa de Odón will be the host University and Venue for the 2019 Congress. The local organizing committee will be Gerardo Bielons, Director of Events GB and Teresa Gómez Aja from the Universidad Politécnica of Madrid. The local organizing committee will be Gerardo Bielons, Director of Events GB and Teresa Gómez Aja from the Universidad Politécnica of Madrid.
Congress topic and subtopics
Scholars are invited to submit sessions including three abstracts related to the main topic “Milestones in the Histories of Sport and Physical Culture,” or individual abstracts on a subtopic.
- Sports, physical cultures, and physical education in time and space
- “Sport for all” on various continents, in various regions and nations
- Aspects of integration, inclusion and segregation in sports and physical cultures (including disability and sports)
- Sports, movement cultures, and health around the world
- New approaches to Olympic history
- Historical approaches to mega- events in sports
- Gender diversity in various physical culture and sports
- Religious impacts on physical culture and sports globally
- Sports, industrialization, technology, and social diversity (including workers’ sports)
- Open paper
Guidelines for abstract submission
Abstract submission is exclusively via email. Please submit full abstract to email@example.com. The abstract must include:
- Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses.
- The paper’s title followed by a 350 words (maximum) abstract of the proposed paper. The abstract should include the question(s) addressed in the paper, the evidence to be used, a precise statement of the argument and conclusions, and what significance the paper has to our understanding of sports history. You do not need any keywords.
- Please specify also to what sub-theme your abstract is related, this helps adding it to a session with similar papers
Guidelines for submission of a thematic session
A thematic session includes three papers relating to one topic. Abstract submission is exclusively via email. Please submit full thematic session to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission must include:
- An abstract describing the session
- Name of the author(s), your institutional affiliation and position, your office and mobile phone numbers, and email addresses for the session organizer/moderator and all paper authors
- The title and abstract for each paper
The official language of the congress is English.
Presenters need to be an ISHPES member to present a paper, and a person can only present one paper as first author. Join ISHPES now. Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only.
- Abstract submission opening: December 21, 2018
- Abstract submission closing: February 15, 2018