The fourth annual International Football History Conference will take place at the Hibernian Football Club, Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG, Scotland, and will be held over two days (Friday 5 and Saturday 6 June 2020). This is a call for papers to be presented at the conference. There will be an opportunity to present on any topic relating to the history of football of all codes.
- Main conference proceedings will take place between 8am and 6pm on Friday and Saturday.
- As with previous years the conference will be open to those presenting on football of any code.
- Abstracts are welcomed on any football related topic (again football of ALL codes)
- We are particularly keen to include papers focusing on forms of football played in or concerning Scotland, alongside football’s origins, regional histories, gender and race.
- Abstracts are welcomed from researchers from any discipline, so long as the main content reflects football of one code or another.
Abstracts for the following presentation styles are welcomed:
- Short Form (7 minutes) – 20 slides (plus a title slide) with a maximum of 20 seconds per slide. Ideal for a summary of research; to present early findings; Image related research etc.
- Twenty Minutes – Twenty minutes of slides but no audience questions.
- Fifteen plus Five – Fifteen minutes of presentation slides plus five minutes of questions.
- Panel – One hour twenty minutes: three presenters and a moderator on a related theme with specific time for individual presentations within the session agreed by the moderator including allowance for questions at the end to the group.
In addition if any potential delegates would like to suggest a theme for a possible debate then please let us know. Key Note presenters will be announced shortly.
Proposals should be sent to email@example.com by 31 December 2019. Selection of presentations will take place by the committee in January with confirmation by the end of January 2020. We have brought the submission date forward and hope to make presentation confirmations as early into 2020 as possible to aid travel plans.
Cost of Attendance
- For full-time delegates: £129
- For students/unwagedl/retired delegates: £99 (Price retained for third successive conference)
Tickets will go on sale via Eventbrite in the New Year.
Delegates will need to make their own arrangements regarding accommodation for the conference. If you would like some advice on where to stay please contact the organiser, Dr Gary James (Honorary Research Fellow at De Montfort University) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Wray Vamplew will be acting as the Official Lead on the Edinburgh-based organising committee.