On behalf of the host, the Croatian Society for Sport History and the Conference Organizing Committee, we announce with great pleasure the upcoming 16th ISHPES CONGRESS to be held in Split, Croatia, from 18 to 22 of August 2015, under the patronage of the International Society for the History of Physical Education and Sport.
World class keynote speakers, plenary and parallel sessions, joint events, great hospitality, lots of sun and crystal clear sea are the things that you can expect if you come to the ancient city of Split. We expect an extensive scientific program, lots of networking opportunities, many workshops and exhibitions. The social program and less formal events will not be forgotten either.
Young scholars and students are particularly welcomed because we consider this event as an excellent platform and chance for them to meet, talk and discuss with some of the world’s leading experts in the field of sport history.
Congress topic and subtopics
The aim of the 16th ISHPES Congress is to provide a forum for the latest research, findings and experiences from the vast field of sport history.
The Congress topic COMING FROM THE PAST, WORKING IN THE PRESENT, LOOKING TO THE FUTURE – AIMS, TOPICS AND RESULTS OF SPORT HISTORY is broad and general, allowing every sport historian – academicians, independent researchers, lecturers, PE teachers, coaches and others, as well as graduate and postgraduate students and experts from cognate and adjacent scientific fields from all over the world to participate.
We invite you to prepare your paper in one of the following subtopics:
- Sport and politics in Central and Eastern Europe
- History of Physical education
- Gender in Sport history
- Nationalism and internationalism in sport
- Big sports events in historical (re)thinking
- Olympics and Olympic education
- Sports history and tourism
- Sport history and national identity
- Sport as a ‘big business’ in historical perspective
- Modern and post-modern approaches to sports historiography
- Sport and socialism – modern views on past times
- Place and role of sports history in general historical thinking
- Open Papers
Call for abstracts
We invite you to submit abstracts within the announced topic and subtopics of the Conference. Participants are invited to submit their abstracts for podium/oral presentations only. Any submitted paper or abstract will be internationally reviewed and evaluated in order to decide on its acceptance. The official language of the Congress is English.
All abstracts must fit within the allotted size requirement to be considered for review. The abstract must be 350 words or less including title, names of the author(s) and affiliation(s). Abstract submission exclusively online: www.ishpes2015.com
The Congress will be held in The Radisson Blu Resort, Split. The Radisson Blu Resort, Split combines relaxation and convenience by offering us three Congress halls and an idyllic beach escape only a short distance from the city center.
- Participants fee
- Before May 1st 2015 – 300€
- After May 1st 2015 – 350€
- Students’ fee
- Before May 1st 2015 – 150€
- After May 1st 2015 – 200€
- Guests’/Visitors’ fee
- Before May 1st 2015 – 50€
- After May 1st 2015 – 50€
The Congress fee includes:
- Abstract published in the Book of Abstracts
- Admission to all sessions and other events included in the Scientific Program
- Congress material (Bag, Program, Book of Abstracts, CD, Certificate of Attendance)
- All coffee breaks
- Lunches on 19th, 20th and 21st of August
- Opening reception
- Farewell dinner
- Split sightseeing tour
Congress key dates
- Abstract submission opening – February 1st 2015
- Abstract submission closing/deadline –
April 1st 2015 May 15, 2015
- Authors to be notified – April 15th 2015
- Registration and Congress fee payment – May 1st 2015
For more information, please visit www.ishpes2015.com.
- Congress office:
University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology
Horvacanski zavoj 15