The Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living (ISEAL) will be hosting the Asia-Pacific Football and Futsal Seminar: The future of football in the Asian century in April 2014.
This inaugural multidisciplinary seminar which will focus on knowledge exchange within football (soccer) and futsal in the context of the Asian century.
The seminar will be a platform for discussions about the direction of football and futsal by people such as:
- football/futsal researchers
- sports practitioners
- industry leaders and experts.
The seminar will attract approximately 200 guests from all over the world working in a range of disciplines.
The program will consist of keynote addresses from world-leading experts, high-quality oral presentation sessions and themed, panel-based round-table discussions.
To highlight the importance of this event and facilitate engagement with fellow guests the social component of the seminar will include an opening cocktail ceremony and a recreational football tournament (or futsal, weather dependent!).
Seminar topics may include:
- Player monitoring/match analysis
- Testing and training
- Skill acquisition
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Talent identification and grassroots
- Cultural and ethical aspects of football
- Business and management
- Health and community.
If you are considering preparing an abstract, we have some key information for you:
- Abstract preparation guidelines (PDF, 36 KB)
- Abstract template to use for abstract preparation (.Docx 13 KB)
- Can be submitted after 4 October 2013.
Put these dates in your calendar:
- 4 September 2013: Call for abstract and expression of interest opens
- 4 October 2013: Abstract submission opens
- 4 October 2013: Registration opens
- 4 December 2013: Abstract submission closes
- 20 December 2013: Notification to authors
- 20 January 2014: Deadline for registration for presenting authors
- To be announced: Deadline for registration (Early-bird and Full).
Expression of interest
Make sure you don’t miss out on finding out more about this seminar.
Complete the expression of interest in the seminar and we’ll let you know when the program is finalised.
More about ISEAL
ISEAL is a research Institute at Victoria University, in Melbourne, Australia.
Our research capacity consists of over 200+ Professors, Senior Research Fellows, Post Doctoral Research Fellows, Research Associates, Engagement Associates, and PhD students.
We have access to the most comprehensive range of sport and exercise science facilities in the southern hemisphere.
All our research is supported by the latest technologies and equipment, including:
- Exercise physiology labs
- Altitude Hotel
- Biomechanics laboratories
- Motor learning and skilled performance laboratories
- Sport and exercise biochemistry
- Motor control and biofeedback
- as well as outstanding clinical exercise facilities.
One of our newest partnerships is with Universidad Europea Madrid – the research organisation for Real Madrid – the biggest Football club in the world.