The editor of this anthology invites previously unpublished papers on social issues in esports. The book is signed for publication with Routledge and already includes 14 chapters organised in four thematic parts: 1) Integrity issues, 2) Physical and mental health, 3) Gender, ethnicity, and social inequality, 4) Ethics and policy. The editor is seeking proposals for chapters that may add to the themes included in this collection. Five topics are especially relevant and wanted:
- Mobile (smartphone) esports
- Esports in Asia and the Global south
- Race, ethnicity and esports
- Esports and LGBTQ+ issues
In addition to these requested topics, proposed chapters may also focus on other themes that fit within the four thematic parts outlined above.
Please send a 500-word abstract with a one-page CV to the editor, Anne Tjønndal – firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2021.
- Chapter proposal in the form of a 500-word abstract should be submitted by September 27th, 2021.
- Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection by October 10th, 2021.
- Full chapters (between 5000 – 6500 words, including references) submitted by December 12th, 2021. The book will follow the APA 7th style of referencing.
- Review/Feedback on submitted chapters by January 31st, 2022
- Revised chapters are due by March 6th, 2022.
- Publication: Autumn 2022
For general inquiries, please email the editor, Anne Tjønndal, at email@example.com.