* AIESEP (International Association of Physical Education in Higher Education) is now on Facebook. Just “Search” for AIESEP or click here!
* AIESEP’s 2013 conference on “Physical Education and Sport: Challenging the Future” will be held in Warsaw, Poland between July 4-7, 2013. The Conference has already received patronage of the President of Poland, Ministry of Sport and Tourism and the Warsaw Municipality. It will be organized primarily at the conference centers of the Polish Olympic Committee and Copernicus Science Center in the heart of Warsaw. Conference preparation is at full progress now and the registration process will start on November 1, 2012. Please visit conference website www.aiesep2013.com and learn more about registration, the abstract submission process, Young Scholar Award possibilities, the scientific and social program (including optional tours cycle tour of Warsaw, remembering Fryderyk Chopin, the Warsaw Uprising Museum and Jewish Warsaw), travel, and accommodation.
* The University of Limerick (UL) – Faculty of Education & Health Sciences – Department of Physical Education & Sports Science –Applications are invited for the following position: Lecturer/ Lecturer below the bar in Physical Education Teacher Education / Sport Pedagogy. Contract Type: If appointment is made at Lecturer: 5 year contract. If appointment is made at Lecturer below the bar: Tenure Track (5 year fixed term). During the term of the contract the successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply for tenure in accordance with the University’s Policy and Procedures for Granting Multi-annual Status to Entry-level Academic Staff). Further information for applicants and application material is available online from:http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 19th October 2012. Please email email@example.com if you experience any difficulties.
* The Journal of Physical Education and Sport (www.efsupit.ro) would be interested to publish papers submitted by AIESEPmembers.
* The 5th Annual International Conference Physical Education Sport and Health will be held in November 2012 at University of Pitesti, Romania. Details on www.sportconference.ro
* Congress of the International Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women (IAPESGW) – ‘Adelante Muchachas: Moving together for a better world’ – April 10th – 13th 2013 – Havana, Cuba. See more athttp://www.iapesgw.org/
*A Conference: Physical Literacy 2013 will be held June 12th-13th at Wyboston Lakes Training Centre, Bedfordshire, UK– The conference theme will be: Aspects of physical literacy of particular relevance to young people in adolescence and early adulthood. Details of application and paper submission will be found in July 2012 on both the physical literacy website (www.physical-literacy.org.uk) and on the University of Bedfordshire site (www.beds.ac.uk/research/ispar).
* Branislav Antala, FIEP Europe President, would like to invite you participate on 8th FIEP European Congress that will be held in Bratislava, Slovakia from 29th of August to 1st of September 2013. The Congress topic is “Physical Education and Sports Perspectives of Children and Youth in Europe.” The Congress will celebrate the 90th anniversary of FIEP. Deadline for registration is 31st of April 2013. Registration and more information can be found at the congress website www.fiep2013bratislava.com
* In the name of progress, physical inactivity has become normal-certainly in the most highly developed economies, and emerging economies are not far behind. No single organization, individual, or government will be able to solve this alone. Now more than ever, unity and collective action is needed to change this. On September 23, Designed to Move, a Framework for Action was published. This report does two critical things (1) Leverages significant and powerful evidence to make the case for urgent investment in physical activity; (2) Provides an authoritative consensus on the action needed to address this crisis. The work contained in the report is owned by many, with substantive engagement from a significant and broad base of experts from around the world. Over 70 expert and multi-sector organizations helped to develop the Framework and validate the underlying research. They are united by a shared vision: Generations running, jumping, and kicking to reach their greatest potential, and they have simplified the actions necessary to succeed into two major asks: (1) Create early positive experiences for children—so that there is a greater chance of them adopting physically active lifestyles for life; (2) Integrate physical activity into everyday life—by building cities and communities to allow people to move more overall. AIESEP shares this vision and considers that it is necessary to provide visibility to this work. The project is presented online at www.designedtomove.org where it is possible to download the report to use and disseminate it to your own contacts (stakeholders, practitioners, students, citizens…).
Professor, Secretary General of AIESEP
Association Internationale des Ecoles Supérieures d’Education Physique
International Association of Physical Education in Higher Education
Sport Sciences Department
University of Liege
Allee des Sports, 4 Bat. B-21
Tél. : +32 (0)4 366.38.80
Fax. : +32 (0)4 366. 29.01