Leeds Trinity University is delighted to be hosting the 6th annual European Sports Development Network (ESDN) conference. The one-day conference will take place on Thursday 3rd September, 9.30am–4.00pm, in the cultural region of Yorkshire.
The final program is available here, and the keynoters are revealed: Lisa O’Keefe, Fred Coalter, and Jim McKenna.
Registration for the event is open. We are also pleased to offer bed and breakfast accommodation in All Saints Court. The price to attend this year’s conference is £55. Book your place here!
Call for Papers
The organisational committee of the 6th annual conference is now calling for papers. We particularly welcome contributions from practitioners and industry professionals which demonstrate contemporary issues in sports development and emphasise the links between research and practice. We also welcome papers from leading educators and health professionals.
A key aim is to provide an opportunity to discuss mechanisms for increasing the impact from research whilst allowing discussion and insight from practitioners.
The network is calling for papers in relation to the following sub themes
- Participation in sport
- Community sports development
- School Sport
- Sport and Older Adults
- Professional Sport Clubs involvement in Sport Development
- Private Sector Provision of Sport
- Elite Sport Development
- University Sport
- Employability through Sport
- Critical Debates in Sport Development
- Leadership in Sport
- International perspectives
- Women in Sport
- Open Theme
We are also happy to consider papers that sit outside of these core aims which relate to wider issues in Sport Development.
ESDN 2015 will be delivered in partnership with The University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett University, Leeds City Council Sport and Active Leisure and West Yorkshire Sport, reflecting the work of key stakeholders in Leeds working in the field of Sports Development.
- First Announcement: Friday 23rd January 2015
- Programme launch: End of February 2015
- Call for papers: End of February 2015
- Abstract Deadline: April 22, 2015
- Registration Opens: Wednesday 1st April 2015
- Registration Closes: Friday 21st August
- Conference: Thursday 3rd September 2015
Conference website: www.ESDN2015.com