Please find below the final call for abstracts for the 22nd EASM Conference in Coventry (UK) on 9-12th September 2014. This call can also be found by clicking this link:
EASM cordially invites you to submit a scientific or practical abstract (max 750 words) to be considered for presentation at the conference. Young researchers are also invited to submit a scientific paper for the New Researchers Award (NRA).
The submission system is now open and will close on 10th April 2014.
The theme of the conference this year is Social and Commercial Impact of Sport. Legacy is becoming an increasingly crucial issue when organising major sport events and was at the core of the London bid to organise the 2012 Olympic Games, of which Coventry was a co-host city. Two years after the Games, what has been their actual impact? More generally this theme invites participants to think of how the social and commercial impacts of sport create special issues and challenges for sport managers, from local amateur sport clubs to international mega-events.
When writing your abstract it is recommended that you consider the topics listed under topical sessions or workshops below.
Topics of interest for abstract submission include, but are not limited to the following:
- Critical Sport Management issues (Doping, fixing, corruption, trafficking, foul play etc.)
- Global Sporting Events
- Governance of Sport(s) and Sport Organisations
- Leadership Issues in Sport Organisations (Continuous improvement and quality assurance, innovation, human resources management, conflict management etc.)
- Marketing In and Through Sport
- Sport Economics and Finance
- Opportunities, Challenges and Trends in Sport Management
- Sport Fans (Diverse aspects of fan and audience motivation and behaviour)
- Sport for Good (Sport used as a means to develop communities, integration, reconciliation, peace etc.)
- Sport Media and Journalism
- Sport Participation
- Sport Policy
- Tourism and Leisure Sport Management (Sport as entertainment, tourism, wellness and fitness drivers)
- Other sport management related issues
Abstracts/papers are invited for the following workshops:
- Benchmarking and financial valuation in sports
- Disability and Paralympic Sport
- Drugs in Sport: Current Issues and Challenges for Sport Management
- Knowledge Sharing: From Europe to China and Back
- Media democratisation, impact and sport events
- Mega-events: Delivering legacies?
- Corporate social responsibility in and through sport
- Sport-for-development: Exploring global and local futures
- UEFA’s ‘Euro for Europe’: The way forward or just an anniversary model?
- Volunteering and voluntary sport organizations: Contemporary issues in a changing landscape
- Elite sport organization and management for world class performance (not open!)
- Dynamic ticket pricing in sport.
- Information, Knowledge Creation and Innovation Management in Sport
For more detailed information on each workshop please go to: http://www.easm2014.com/the-conference/workshops.html. Format and submission guidelines can be found on: http://www.easm2014.com/the-conference/call-for-papers.html
With a mix of scientific and professional contributions, prestigious key note speakers and an exciting social program, the 22nd EASM Conference in Coventry will be the perfect place for sport management academics and practitioners to exchange ideas, discuss and network.
Looking forward to seeing you in Coventry!