Will you be a presenter at the 6th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport?
The deadline for individual proposals is January 31, 2014.
The global sport community wants to learn from your experiences, initiatives, and/or research-based studies. We welcome you to take center stage and deliver an interesting and dynamic presentation at a parallel session of the 6th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport, June 12 – 15, 2014, Finlandia Hall, Helsinki.
We are looking for proposals for 15-minute presentations that look at gender and/or sport from perspectives of:
and fall under at least one of the conference themes:
- 100% SPORT – Enhancing participation through creativity and innovation
- MOVE ME! Physical activity, health, and well-being for life
- BUCK THE TREND – Leading the change in sport policy
- BE YOUR BEST COACH – Pursuing excellence in leadership and coaching
- SPORT WITHOUT FEAR – Sport as a safe haven and bastion for human rights
Your presentation will activate participants, for example, through:
- Practical exercises / workshop / skill building / toolkits
- Role play / simulation / drama or other creative methods
- Personal change story / organizational change story
- Dialog, debate and discussion
- New ways that we’ve never seen before
- Audio / visual elements are welcome
A list of conference “keywords” can be found on the conference website.
All presentation proposals must be in English. It will be possible to have some sessions interpreted into French and Spanish.
How can you submit your presentation proposal(s)?
Your presentation proposal must be made on line here.
To submit your presentation proposal, please include the following information:
- Title of your presentation
- Your name, email address, institution (if applicable), city, country
- Summary of your proposed presentation (300 words maximum)
- Please choose one of the subthemes for your presentation and use up to five of the keywords (found on the submission form) to describe the presentation
- Please choose if you wish to have oral / poster presentation
In your summary, please make clear how your presentation will connect to overall conference theme: “Lead the Change – Be the change” and the subthemes.
It is recommended that the text of the submission should include:
- INTRODUCTION. A statement of the purpose of the project / study / description of activity (preferably in one sentence)
- METHODS. A brief description of the methods used in case of scientific submission
- RESULTS. A summary of the results obtained / experiences gained in sufficient detail
- CONCLUSIONS. Theoretical and/or practical implications
- Do not submit attachments, slides, or any reference materials with the text.
- Please do not give any figures or tables in the submission.
All authors should proof-read the abstract carefully for grammar and spelling. If English is not your first language, we strongly recommend that you have your final abstract proofread by someone fluent in English before you submit it.
The organisers reserve the right either to accept or reject the submission, and to designate papers either for an oral or a poster presentation and to choose a suitable session for each presentation.
The criteria used are:
- the proposal relates to the theme(s)
- the proposal is fresh, innovative, interesting (and includes an international perspective)
The organizers are not able to cover any costs related to your participation in the conference.
All accepted presenters must complete their conference registration by 12 May in order to get the presentation in the conference program.
The deadline for individual proposals is January 31, 2014. Notice of acceptance will be e-mailed to submitting authors on 28 February 2014