III Conference on Communication and Sports | 24 February 2014
Faculdade de Letras – University of Coimbra, Portugal. Homepage: http://comunicacaoedesporto.blogspot.pt/
Call for Papers.
Sports and media is a very important research field in the Portuguese Group for Communication, Journalism and Public Space, working at the research institute of CEIS20 from University of Coimbra, in Portugal.
In 24 February 2014 it’ll be organize the III Conference on Communication and Sports at the Faculdade de Letras of the University of Coimbra, in Portugal. The main subject will be «Football and Media».
Football becomes one of the most important subjects during the contemporary period. The goal of this conference is promote research about the relation(s) between football and media, in its different perspectives and dimensions, precisely in the year (2014) when Portugal commemorates the 10th year of Euro 2004 and when Brazil organized the Football World Cup.
Main subjects for abstracts:
- Construction of the popular and media football personage (players/coaches/managers);
- The concept of football player in the media;
- Women’s visions in the media;
- Social myths as structural football narratives;
- Economic logistics as promoters of new heroes in football;
- Football and the social (anti)model;
- The footballer as esthetical and photographic model;
- Media narratives for football players, coaches, referees, managers;
- Press, radio and television focus;
- New media and football;
- Media and football mega-events.
Rules for abstracts
No more than 500 words. Please include three key words related to the paper, a brief curriculum vitae, academic affiliation and contact information (including email and telephone). Papers can be presented in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
Proposals should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
27 January 2014: Closing deadline for proposals
Details in http://comunicacaoedesporto.blogspot.pt/