2016 Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) Conference
- Global Education in Sport Management
- Experiential & Service Learning in Sport
- Engaging the Modern Sport Management Student
- Quality Assurance/Best Practices in Assessment in Sport Management Education
COSMA is seeking proposals for presentations at the 2016 COSMA Conference to be held Feb 11-12, 2016 in Tampa, FL. Proposals should address topics related to the theme, “Sport Management Education: Expanding the Possibilities” with a focus on one (or more) of the subthemes. Proposals that focus on one of the eight COSMA Principles will also be prioritized. Topics may include: Outcomes assessment, strategic planning, curriculum assessment and improvement, faculty and teaching, innovations in teaching sport, the impact of technology on curriculum and teaching, etc.
Proposals must include the following:
- Name of the presenter(s) and institutional affiliation
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract (one page maximum, double-spaced)
Presentations may follow either of the following formats; indicate which one you are applying for with your submission:
- 30 minute session including a question and answer period
- 45 minute session including a question and answer period
Proposals should be sent via email to Colleen Colles, Program Conference Chair.
The call for proposals opens October 1, 2015 and must be received no later than 12am EST, November 15, 2015. Proposals will be subject to a double-blind peer review process. Selected presenters will be notified by December 7, 2015 if their presentation will be included in the Conference program. Proposals submitted by COSMA institutional and individual members will be given priority. Submission of an abstract(s) acknowledges the presenter(s) intent to register for the Conference, pay the appropriate registration fee, and present the proposed materials, if accepted.
Not a member? Join today: http://www.cosmaweb.org/join-