The Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport (JLAS) announces a call for papers for a special issue, entitled “Sport, Emerging Media, and the Law”. This special issue, which will be published in 2017, invites submissions that investigate potential legal and regulatory issues as they relate to digital and social media usage in the sport environment.
The purpose of this special issue is to provide insights into the digital present and future of the legal environment in and around sport, by including new topics and perspectives in the discourse. This special issue welcomes submissions from a wide variety of scholars, including those from traditional sport management and communication disciplines who are familiar with emerging media trends within the sport environment.
Submissions are not required to be written from a traditional legal perspective, but should focus on current or potential legal issues within the digital and emerging sport media space.
The 2017 Special Issue “Sport, Emerging Media, and the Law” of JLAS seeks international submissions featuring papers presenting insights into (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Defamation and digital media in sport
- Digital sport rights management
- International legal ramifications for online sport content
- Rights of publicity and sport video games
- Social networking and sport entities
- Zones of control for digitally distributed sport media
Any questions can be directed to the guest editor, Dr. Galen Clavio, whose contact information is below. Please note that in addition to author submissions, we are looking for scholars interested in contributing to the special issue as reviewers.
- First submission papers due: August 1, 2016
- First round of decisions: October 3, 2016
- Revised manuscripts due: November 4, 2016
- Final decisions made: December 2, 2016
- Publication: January 30, 2017
Author guidelines can be found at http://journals.humankinetics.com/for-jlas-authors.
To submit a manuscript, please use the following URL: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/hk_jlas.
Guest Editor information:
Dr. Galen Clavio
The Media School