Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, New University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
Call for papers
Group for History and Sport, from the Instituto de História Contemporânea (IHC) of Universidade Nova de Lisboa and Centro de Estudos Interdisciplinares do Século XX of Universidade de Coimbra – CEIS20.
International Congress with papers accepted in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
Proposal submissions until April 28, 2014 to: email@example.com
Proposals: title, abstract (500 words), 3 key-words and curriculum (200 words)
The Portuguese Group for History and Sport (GHD) gathers researchers from several institutions, with the main goal of promoting cooperation, research and studies in the field of sport history. The GHD also organizes events for History and Sport at the national and international levels. Also organizes an annual congress, whose goal is the discussion and the production of knowledge in the various aspects of the intersection of history and sport. The theme for the 2014 congress is Sport and War
In 2014 is the centenary of the Great War (1914-1918), a moment of rupture in the contemporary history of Portugal, Europe and the World. For that reason, the III Congress of History and Sport will be dedicated to Sport and War, in different perspectives, including social, economic, political, religious, media, culture, ethics, cultural, artistic, structural and others.
Call for papers
We seek abstracts of no more than 500 words from persons interested in participating in the II Congress of History and Sport. Please include three key words related to your proposed paper, a brief curriculum vita, academic affiliation and contact information (including email and telephone). Papers can be presented in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
Proposals should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 28 – Closing deadline for proposals
- May 2 – Notification of abstract acceptance
- May 10 – Final program announced
- Until May 25: 25 euros and 10 euros (students)
- After May 25: 35 euros and 20 euros (students)
Organizing and Scientific Committee
- Francisco Pinheiro, CEIS20 da Universidade de Coimbra
- Alcino Pedrosa, GHD-IHC/CEIS20
- Carlos Nolasco, CES da Universidade de Coimbra
- César Rodrigues, CEIS20 da Universidade de Coimbra
- João Nuno Coelho, GHD-IHC/CEIS20
- João Tiago Pedroso de Lima, NICPRI da Universidade de Évora
- Maria Fernanda Rollo, IHC/FCSH da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Nuno Miguel Lima, IHC/FCSH da Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Rita Nunes, IHC/FCSH da Universidade Nova de Lisboa