A majority of all children in the Nordic countries are members of a sport association. In this conference we like to focus on continuity and change in children and youth sport as well as similarities and differences between the Nordic Countries.
We welcome presentation on participation numbers in different groups, perceptions and values of children and youth sport and debated aspects of children’s sport. In addition, children’s rights in sport and different aspects of talent identification can be discussed and problematized. Additionally, the conference welcomes presentations contextualizing participation in sport against a background of leisure, migration and a changing society.
- Ørnulf Seippel is a professor of sociology of sport at the Norwegian School of Sport Science.
- Hanna Vehmas (Senior Lecturer, Ph.D.) has a background in Sociology (M.Sc. University of Turku) and Sport Sociology (PhD University of Jyväskylä).
- Thórdís Gísladóttir, from Iceland, is an Assistant Professor in the Sport- and Health department of the School of Education, University of Iceland.
- Johan R Norberg is Professor in Sport Sciences at Malmö University and researcher in Sweden in the fields of sport policy and sport governance.
- Bjarne Ibsen is a professor at the Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
A preliminary program is available here.