We are now accepting abstracts for conference presentations for the 2019 Leisure Studies Association Conference which will be hosted by Abertay University. The Conference Theme is ‘Changing Lives through Leisure’.
The diverse nature of leisure has the potential to change lives. This conference focuses on how leisure changes lives through research, education and practice. We have four subthemes associated with this and an open stream:
- Changing policy: Here we invite papers that explore leisure policy as the source of changing individuals’ lives and communities.
- Changing communities: Within this stream, we invite abstracts that address the ways in which leisure (re)constructs or transforms communities.
- Changing identities: We invite abstracts that critically consider leisure in the performance of individual and cultural identities.
- Changing lives: We invite papers that consider how leisure improves quality of life for various populations and thus benefits society.
- Open stream: In addition to the four streams, we invite submissions in any other area of leisure research, teaching and practice.
Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be provided on a Microsoft Word document and submitted as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each abstract should include:
- A summary of your presentation
- An indication of which stream you wish to be considered for
- The title of the presentation
- All author(s) names and institutional affiliations
Submission Deadline: 1st March 2019
For more information and updates visit https://www.abertay.ac.uk/events/lsa2019-conference/, or follow us on Twitter: @LSA_2019 #LSA2019