The 3rd Annual Muhammad Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum will take place April 3-4 in Louisville, KY with the theme, Athlete Activism: Past, Present and Future. The Forum is designed to advance education, advocacy and research on the role and contribution of athletes toward social change, human rights and development. We welcome practitioners, scholars, policymakers, athletes and advocates who are working to advance the realm of athletes and social change through the six core values of Muhammad Ali: Respect, Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Spirituality and Giving.
- The roles and responsibilities athletes have beyond the playing field.
- The ways athletes can serve as educators and advocates to address social problems within and outside of sports.
- How the global sporting community encourages or discourages athletes working in the realm of social change.
- The roles educational institutions play in providing grounding for athletes to make the connections between athletics, academics and the community.
- The role and impact of media in how athletes can affect social change.
- The intersection and convergence of athletes, sports and politics.