World Association for Sport Management, WASM, was established on April 27, 2012 at Aletheia University in Taiwan. Presidents and representatives of the six continental associations of sport management (NASSM, EASM, SMAANZ, AASM, ALGEDE, and ASMA) presented at the meeting. They formally adopted the Constitution and founded the WASM. The mission of this newly established organization is to facilitate sport management research, teaching and learning excellence and professional practice. WASM will provide a forum for the international perspective on sport management for the Continental Associations, International Sport Federations, Non-government organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Academics, Students, the Sport Management industry and professionals, National Associations and other affiliated organizations for sport management.
On behalf of Lithuanian Sports University and World Association for Sport Management (WASM), we would like to express a warm welcome to join us at the 2nd WASM World Conference in Kaunas, Lithuania, from the 20th-23rd June, 2017 (http://www.wasm2017.com/). This WASM World Conference will bring together scholars, practitioners, professionals, and students from around the world to share expertise, knowledge, and new ideas about the global venture of the sport business. The conference theme is a focus on sport business practice, issues, collaboration, networking, management, and marketing of sport business in a global marketplace, which offers a platform for the international exchange of ideas, best practices, and scientific inquires.
Prof. Dr. Karen Danylchuk, WASM President
Prof. Dr. Irena Valantine, WASM Conference Chair
Call For Abstracts
Research scholars and students are invited to present their original work in any of the WASM World Conference topics. All abstracts should be submitted before the 31st of December, 2016. Authors can submit their original work via abstract reviewer system, free of charge. An author may submit only one abstract as the first author. After undergoing the reviewing process, all authors will be notified (ongoing) about the condition of their submission (accepted or rejected) between the 1st of December, 2016 and 1st of March, 2017. Presenters must be registered and have paid registration fees for the symposium by the 15th of May, 2017 at the latest to secure their oral or poster presentation during the Conference and the publication in the electronic Book of Abstracts.
WASM encourages submission of potential presentation topics with a world focus in the global sport business marketplace. The list of TOPICS below are suggestions for the conference with a world focus on sport management and the global sport business industry, but are certainly not an exclusive list. WASM welcomes all ideas.
- Challenges in the Global Sport Business Marketplace
- Sport Management Education Approaches
- Development of Industry
- Culture or Cultural Diversity
- Legal Issues
- Governance and Policy
- Financial Issues
- Sport Marketing
- Social Media
- Human Rights Issues
- Participation Sport
- The Sporting Goods Industry
- People with Disabilities and/or Disability Sport
- Sport Tourism
- Corporate social responsibility
- The Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Industry Segmentation
- Environmental Issues
Guidelines For Abstracts
- Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations. The scientific and the organizing committees reserve the right to decide the final presentation format of any submission.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via Abstract Reviewer System.
- Abstracts must be allocated to the topics of the Conference. Abstract title is limited to 200 characters including spaces and should be typed in UPPER CASE letters.
- Abstracts should not exceed 350 words (excluding references) and may not contain any tables or graphs.
- Abstracts must be informative and structured, with section headings, as follows: Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- References in the text have to be cited at the end of the abstract (3-4 references).
- Provide 3-5 keywords or phrases that reflect the content of the abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the electronic Book of Abstracts with an ISBN number, under the condition that the first author has paid registration fee by the 15th of May, 2017.
Conference language: English. Conference Panels in Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and Russian.
Abstract submission: The abstract submission website opens on October 15, 2016.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 31 December 2016.