The 12th Annual Czech Philosophy of Sport Conference will be hosted by the Sports Ethics Research Centre at the Faculty of PE and Sport, Charles University, Prague, Sports Ethics Research Centre – Faculty of Physical Education and Sport (cuni.cz)
We plan to organise a `physical` meeting with a limited number of online presentations as exceptions. The conference will be in English. We cordially invite you to participate in this event.
Enquiries should be directed to Jim Parry at email@example.com.
- Organizing Committee – Irena Martinkova, Jim Parry, Lukáš Mareš,
- Scientific Committee – Irena Martinkova, Ivo Jirasek, Emanuel Hurych, Lukáš Mareš, Jim Parry
Conference Registration: Free
Participants are responsible for their own arrangements. We can assist you in finding appropriate accommodation. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend Hotel Krystal, close to the Faculty, and near the airport, Hotel Krystal, Prague 6 | Welcome Official Website (centrum-krystal.cz).
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Send abstract (200-300 words) as soon as possible – final submission date: Fri 30 Sept 2023.
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification within a week.
- Required format is MS Word Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing, with name, institution, abstract, indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4.
- Abstracts to be submitted to email@example.com with filename <ABSTRACT – surname – title>, e.g., <ABSTRACT – Parry – Is ‘Robot Wars’ a sport?>
- The Book of Abstracts will be emailed to participants in advance.
- Abstracts should be in English and must involve philosophical treatment of a topic related to sport.
We welcome advance notice of papers (or drafts of work-in-progress) for distribution to attendees.
We prioritise discussion. Presentations involve 20-30 minutes ONLY for summary + 30-40 mins discussion. Student presentations involve 15 min for summary + 15 mins discussion.