The World Association for Sport Management (WASM) was first established in April of 2012 by a body of representatives from each of the six regional associations at the Global Sport Management Summit at Aletheia University in Taiwan:
- The African Sport Management Association (ASMA)
- The Latin American Association of Sports Management (ALGEDE)
- The European Association for Sport Management (EASM)
- The Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand (SMAANZ)
- The Asian Association for Sport Management (AASM)
- The North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM)
The organization’s mission is to facilitate sport management research, teaching and learning excellence, and professional practice globally. To this end, WASM will continue to host a biennial conference, and promote collaboration between scholars, educators, students, and practitioners around the world. For more information about the founding of WASM and its continuing efforts please visit our website: worldsportmanagement.org.
WASM has just now published its first ever newsletter. The purpose of this newsletter is to further the mission to facilitate sport management research and teaching and learning excellence worldwide. The first issue will provide some recent news from each of the regional associations (RAs), including recent and upcoming conferences, and journal information.