Start date: October 1st, 2022
Informal early enquiries are encouraged.
Closing date for ‘first stage’ applications: June 30th, 2022
We are developing a Sports Ethics Research Group here at the Faculty of Sport and PE (FTVS) in Charles University, Prague, already with 6 f/t PhDs and 3 p/t. We are now able to offer a further opportunity for full-time doctoral research in Sports Ethics in Prague, beginning in October 2022.
The scholarship is funded by Charles University – a 3-4-year full fee-remission bursary, plus a University scholarship of €400/month.
- Supervisors: Irena Martinkova and/or Jim Parry
- Study Period: 3-4 years
- Field of study: Kinanthropology – Sports Ethics, especially values in sports organisations and sports culture (and associated conceptual issues); and phenomenological approaches to sport
- Topic: From the field of Philosophy of Sport (especially Sports Ethics)
- Eligibility: Candidates should hold a Masters degree relevant to the proposed topic, and a high level of English language competence.
- Funding: Average living expenditure in Czechia is about 8-16,000CZK/month = €300-650/month. See: Tuition Fees and Living Costs in the Czech Republic in 2022 – MastersPortal.com). Full fee waiver (i.e. no fees for 3 or 4 years) + University scholarship (of 10,000-15,000CZK/month – about €400-600/month)
The successful candidate will have
- The ability to undertake independent philosophical research,
- A demonstrated interest or practical involvement in sport, and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
As the first stage, please write to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, with a full CV, and a brief research proposal in sports ethics, or in associated conceptual issues (max. 500 words).
Interviews: At the second stage, selected candidates will be interviewed. The third and final stage will be a formal application to the Faculty (by 31 July 2022).
Closing date for ‘first stage’ applications: June 30, 2022