It is universally recognized that young football players are particularly vulnerable and deserve protection, for example when being recruited by and transferred between football clubs. Agents play a central role in assisting and protecting young players, which also places a special burden on agents working with young players. The event seeks to bring together football stakeholders and interested parties to discuss risks, problems, and solutions.
Venue: Malmö University, Nordenskiöldsgatan 10, room D328 Orkanen
10:00 Session 1. Risks facing young players
Presentation and discusssion concerning risks to young football players, the protection of childrens’ rights in football, and best practice in the field.
– Dr Eleanor Drywood, Senior Lecturer, University of Liverpool
– Dr Serhat Yilmaz, Lecturer in Sports Law, Loughborough University
12:30 Session 2. Young players and agents Presentation and discussion of the project draft conclusion by stakeholder representatives.
– Presentation of the project (Richard Parrish)
– Presentation of draft conclusions (Johan Lindholm)
– Stakeholder comments: Ondrej Zvara (EFAA), Wil van Megen (FIFPro), Jes Christian Fisker (DBU), Tobias Tibell (Swedish Football Association).
– General Discussion
Venue: Stadion, Eric Perssons väg 31, Malmö
16:00 Session 3. Clubs working with young players
Presentation by Pär Ågren and Mats Engqvist, Malmö FF, and general discussion regarding the role of football clubs in protecting minor footballers.
19:00 Malmö FF v. Hammarby