Presented by the British Society of Sports History, Scottish Network
Dewars Centre, Perth – the Home of Scottish Curling
This one-day conference will examine the history/histories of tourism, sport, and leisure during the winter months in Scotland. Suggested paper topics might include (but are not limited to):
- Winter holidays in the Highlands and Islands
- Winter sports in Scotland (including curling, skiing, ice skating, etc.)
- Mountaineering, hill walking, Munro bagging, and the winter landscape in Scotland
- Outdoor activities and winter weather
- Transport and winter tourism in Scotland
- Labour and the winter tourist economy.
Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words, and should be sent by Thursday, 31 August 2017 to both Imogen Gibbon (email@example.com) and Matthew McDowell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any queries should also be sent to Imogen or Matthew.
As BSSH Scotland does not typically receive institutional support for its events, a small fee will be charged by the conference organisers for attendance.