The Sport Tourism Conference STC’14
The Sport Tourism Conference (STC’14) is a joint organization between Coimbra College of Education (ESEC), and the International Research Network In Sports Tourism (IRNIST).
The Organizing Committee welcomes both fundamental and empirical contributions within the broad theme of Sport Tourism: of “Sport Tourism: New Challenges in a Globalized World”. The main research subtopics suggested are:
- Sport Tourism Policies and Development
- Sport Tourism Environmental, Economic and Social Impacts
- Sport Tourism, Innovation and Competitiveness
- Sport Tourism Supply and Demand Issues
- Sport Tourism Events
- Sport Tourism History
- Sport Tourism Management
- Sport Tourism and New Consumption Spaces
- New Trends in Sport Tourism
Any research work specifically oriented to other areas of the analysis of Sport Tourism might also be accepted for presentation if considered of relevance for the field in question throughout the refereeing process.
There will be three possible types of presentations accepted at this conference:
- Classical academic presentations;
- Doctoral/Master presentations. A prize will be awarded to the best delivery/presentation by a PhD/Master student within this category;
- Poster presentations. A prize will be given to the best poster produced by a PhD/Master student.
An extended abstract with a maximum of 500 words or 3,000 characters (spaces included), written in English, should be sent electronically (in Word and PDF format) to email@example.com no later than 15th June 2014. You should use this form.
After a refereeing process, authors will be notified regarding the acceptance of papers by 15th July 2014.
If the proposal is selected, the contents should be presented in the format of a paper with a maximum of 15 pages (including abstract, text and references), written in English, and should be sent electronically (in Word and PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th September 2014. You should use this form.
After a refereeing process authors will be notified about the reviewers’ suggestions until 15th October 2014. The final paper with revisions must be sent by the authors no later than 30th October 2014, to be included in the proceedings e-book (with ISBN: 978-989-98016-4-6).
Please note that an author can only submit one paper as first author, and each paper must have a different author registered in the conference (one paper per author registered).
- Submission of proposals (maximum of 500 words): by 15 May 2014.
- Notification of accepted proposals: by 15 June 2014.
- Regular registration: by 30th September 2014.
- Submission of final paper (maximum 10 pages): until 15 September 2014.
- Late registration: by 15th September 2014.
- Scientific committee comments: will be sent to the authors until 15th October 2014.
- Revised versions: will be submitted no later than 30th October 2014.
- Sport Tourism Conference: 10th-12th December 2014