The conference is hosted by the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and will take place at the Maison des Sciences Economiques.
The conference will provide a platform for exchanging innovative thoughts and creating cooperation between researchers in the fields of sport management and economics.
We are inviting proposals for paper presentations as well as complete sessions consisting of three papers/presenters.
The conference will be organized in cooperation with the International Association of Sports Economists (IASE).
This conference provides researchers with an opportunity to present theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented research on:
- The American versus the European league system
- Corporate governance in sport management & institutions
- FIFA – What’s going wrong and how to improve it?
- Doping: Legalize it?
- Sport Governance
- Major Events
- International Sports Policy
- The dark side of football: Hooliganism
- It’s an ultra life: The power of ultras within European football
- American Sports: American Football, Baseball and Hockey
- The African/Asian/Australian/South-American sports industry
- Betting market efficiency and anomalies
- Forecasting match & league outcomes
- Uncertainty in match and league outcome: Does it matter?
- Running , Biking, and Triathlon
- Olympics: Medal counts and medal ranks
- The impact on sport events on the city, region, and country
- Changes of the rules of the game and its impact on the attractiveness of the sport
- Sport & leisure industry
- Demand for tickets
- Demand for talents: Sport and the labor market
For submission, please send your full paper or an extended abstract (cover page + 2 pages executive summary) as a PDF or Word document to conSESM@yahoo.de
Only electronic submissions will be considered.
Submission deadline: Dec. 31st, 2019.
Authors of papers will be notified whether their paper has been accepted on an ongoing basis.
All presenters receive a final decision until Jan. 31st, 2020.
The conference fee has to be paid within one month after acceptance of the paper to qualify for the early bird rate (250 € for presenters, 200 € for attending without presentation).
The normal rate for a payment within two months after acceptance is 300 € for presenters, 250 € for attending without presentation. The fee for a late registrationwithin three months after acceptance is 350 € / 300 €.
An early registration and payment facilitate the organization of the conference as well as the planning process tremendously.
Papers will be reviewed during the paper submission period on an ongoing basis. Decisions with respect to acceptance will be made and communicated at the end of each month.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or PayPal.