JSFD is currently seeking submissions for Volume 9, publishing in 2021. Manuscript submission is a rolling process. Manuscripts should be submitted using the online submission page (please first review the Instructions for Authors). All manuscripts undergo a rigorous peer review process. After being accepted, manuscripts are published online.
JSFD invites original research and case studies related to Sport for Development from across disciplines, geographies and thematic areas. JSFD publishes the following types of articles:
- Original Research which report results driven by questions from interventions, stakeholders or scholars
- Evaluation Protocol which provide a comprehensive description of a planned or ongoing assessment of a study
- Systematic or Integrative Reviews which include clearly-formatted questions and use systematic methods to critically assess research
- Book Reviews whose purpose is to comment on a particular text
- Commentaries which are scholarly essays and/or critical analyses
- Thought Leadership From the Field which are thought leadership essays designed to offer insight from the practitioner perspective to stimulate dialogue for advancing SFD practice, policy, and/or research
To submit an article to JSFD, please use our online manuscript submission form.
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal. JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine, and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health, and/or peace. JSFD is guided by leadership from the JSFD editors and editorial board.
JSFD is ranked as a “B” journal in the 2019 Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List and has been accepted for coverage in Scopus. To date, 79 articles have been published from 194 authors representing 23 countries. The current average turnaround time from submission to initial decision is 33 days.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.