EURAM 2014 @ University of Valencia June 4–7 2014
The EURAM “Managing Sport” SIG is a network of academics, practitioners, athletes and sport officials whose interests revolve around aspects of internationalisation, professionalisation and commercialisation of sports in theory and in practice. The SIG functions as a catalyst for building and disseminating new ideas around the business and management of sport and sport related industries.
The EURAM “Managing Sport” SIG aims to:
- Promote research and education in the fields of sports business and management in Europe, with special emphasis on international comparisons.
- Foster an understanding of the role of professionalisation and commercialisation of sport on European economy and society.
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, and ideas by organising the annual EURAM track, facilitating symposia, workshops and other academic meetings for and on behalf of its members and affiliated institutions.
- Support the development of international research collaborations with other Academies of Management and Sports Management Associations.
- Disseminate research results through a variety of channels.
The ‘Managing Sport’ SIG collaborates with Emerald since 2010. A “Best Paper Award” and a “Best Reviewer Award” sponsored by Emerald will be awarded among the papers and reviewers of the ‘Managing Sport’ SIG at EURAM 2014.
A selection of papers will be accepted for a special issue in ‘Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal’ published by Emerald. This follows a tradition of best paper issues with SBM: in 2011 on “Governance and Performance” (EURAM Rome Conference), in 2012 on “Evaluating and Measuring” (EURAM Tallinn Conference), and in 2013 on “Managerial Decisions” (EURAM Rotterdam Conference).