You are cordially invited to submit papers to the SIG Managing Sport for the 20th EURAM conference that will take place in Dublin 10-12 June at the Trinity Business School. We would very much appreciate if you could share this call for papers with colleagues who might also be interested in contributing to the Managing Sport tracks at EURAM 2020.
The EURAM Managing Sport SIG aims to:
- Promote research and education in the fields of sports business and management in Europe, with special emphasis on international comparisons.
- Foster an understanding of the role of professionalization and commercialisation of sport on European economy and society.
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, and ideas by organising the annual EURAM track, facilitating symposia, workshops and other academic meetings for and on behalf of its members and affiliated institutions.
- Support the development of international research collaborations with other Academies of Management and Sports Management Associations.
- Disseminate research results through a variety of channels.
The following tracks of the SIG ‘Managing Sport’ are accepted and open for paper submissions (see a detailed description below):
- GT 08_00 Managing Sport General Track
- ST07_02/ST08_01 Managing Sport Events and Participation (co-sponsored by International Management SIG-07 and Managing Sport SIG-08)
- ST02_04/ST08_02 Sport Governance (co-sponsored by Corporate Governance SIG-02 and Managing Sport SIG-08)
- T06_15 / T08_03 New Frontiers in Managing Sport: the Rise of Digital Transformation (co-sponsored by Innovation SIG-06 and Managing Sport SIG-08)
- T01_12 / T08_04 Sport and Sustainability (co-sponsored by Business for Society SIG-01 and Managing Sport SIG-08)
The Managing Sport SIG collaborates with Emerald – a global publisher – since 2010. A ‘Best Paper Award’ and a ‘Best Reviewer Award’ sponsored by Emerald will be awarded among the papers and reviewers of the ‘Managing Sport’ SIG at EURAM 2020.
A selection of high quality papers will be accepted for a special issue in Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal published by Emerald. This follows a tradition of best paper issues with SBM, for example in 2011 on “Governance and Performance” (EURAM Rome Conference), in 2012 on “Evaluating and Measuring” (EURAM Tallinn Conference), in 2013 on “Managerial Decisions” (EURAM Rotterdam Conference), in 2014 on “Branding and Governance” (EURAM Istanbul Conference), in 2015 on ‘Advancing Knowledge’ (EURAM Valencia Conference), in 2016 on ‘Emerging frontiers in sport management research’ (EURAM Warsaw Conference), in 2017 on ‘Manageable cooperation’ (EURAM Paris Conference), in 2018 on ‘Making knowledge work’ (EURAM Glasgow Conference), in 2019 forthcoming on ‘Accelerating knowledge creation in management’ (EURAM Reykjavik Conference) and in 2020 forthcoming on ‘The Business of Now: The future starts here’ (EURAM Dublin Conference)
Deadline for paper submission: 14 January 2020 (2 pm Belgian time)
Notification of acceptance: 19 March 2020
Early bird registration deadline: 10 April 2020
Authors registration deadline: 17 April 2020
Authors Guidelines: click here
We look forward to meeting you in Dublin!
Anna Gerke, Audencia Business School, (France), firstname.lastname@example.org – SIG Chair
Birnir Egilsson, Molde University College, (Norway), email@example.com – SIG Programme Chair
Konstantinos Koronios, University of Peloponnese (Greece), firstname.lastname@example.org | SIG Communications Officer
Teresa Hurley, Technological University Dublin, Teresa.email@example.com | Local Organising Officer