3rd Czech Philosophy of Sport Conference at the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport, Charles University in Prague October 16-18th, 2014
The 3rd Czech Philosophy of Sport Conference will be held at the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport, Charles University in Prague, from 1pm Thursday October 16th until the afternoon of Saturday October 18th, 2014, under the auspices of the Philosophy of Sport Section of the Czech Kinanthropological Society (PSS/CKS), together with the European Association for the Philosophy of Sport. We cordially invite colleagues from PSS/CKS, BPSA, EAPS, IAPS to participate, with many apologies for the short notice. If you intend to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
Scientific Committee: Ivo Jirasek, Eman Hurych, Irena Martinkova, Jan Halak, Jan Puc, Jim Parry
Conference Registration: Free (please fill out this Registration Form, and email as a Word.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org, with REGN in the title). Please register as soon as possible. Closing date: August 31st, 2014
Programme: Preferably … papers sent in advance for us to circulate to participants. If so … we can have brief presentations, with lots of discussion time!
Invited Keynote Speakers:
- Andrew Edgar, President of EAPS, (Cardiff University, Wales, UK)
- Bernard Andrieu, President of French APS, (Lorraine Univ, Nancy, France)
Accommodation: Participants are responsible for their own arrangements. However, we have reserved some rooms in Hostel-type accomm at the FTVS site (in student-type rooms for 4 people sharing) – about €12 p/person p/night. First come, first served – please send requests as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Also: close to the Faculty is Hotel Krystal (basic accommodation, 5 minutes’ walk from FTVS site). Check out: http://www.prague-hotel-krystal.cz/ to make a reservation.
Directions to FTVS: The Faculty (FTVS) lies between the airport and the City Centre – 15 mins from the airport (by 119 bus – cost 24CzK = 1 euro), and 30 mins from the City Centre (by tram + Metro).
Enquiries: Enquiries should be directed to the Conference Organisers:
Call for Abstracts
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Send abstract (200-300 words) as soon as possible – final submission date: August 31st, 2014
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification within 2 weeks – final date: September 13th, 2014
- Required format is MS Word Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing, with name, institution, abstract, indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4.
- Abstracts to be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with ABSTRACT in the title. Book of Abstracts will be emailed to participants in advance, with hard copy at registration.
- Abstracts must be prepared in English. 20 minutes ONLY for summary presentation time, (+40 mins discussion). Please don’t just read a 60-minute paper really fast!!
Publication: Final papers may be considered for publication in a range of journals associated in various ways with BPSA, EAPS and its members, in accordance with normal submission guidelines, e.g.: Sport, Ethics and Philosophy; Acta Universitatis Carolinae – Kinanthropologica; etc.