Leeds Metropolitan University are currently advertising four fully-funded PhD bursaries that will start in October 2014. The advertisement for Carnegie Postgraduate Bursaries can be found at
Each studentship will have a bursary of £13,726 per annum (pro-rata as a monthly payment) plus UK/EU Fees paid for a period of three years.
PhD research proposals based on EITHER agreed projects OR an applicant¹s own area of interest in the disciplines listed below are welcomed.
Within the Centre for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion the subjects identified are:
- Ethnic Minorities, Leisure and the Countryside
- Feminism, Gender and Physical Education
- Protests as Events/Activism as Leisure
- Sport, Black Women and the Body
- Sport, diaspora and inter-generational migrant families
- Transnationalism, Migrant Identities and the Significance of Leisure
- Young people¹s experiences of, and opportunities for, physical education and sport in an era of austerity and change: implications for professional practice
Topics for our other research centres (active lifestyles; PE and coaching; tourism, hospitality and events; sport performance; education) are on the same web site.
Closing date for applications is 23rd May 2014 (midnight).
Interviews will be held on 3rd and 4th July 2014.
Dr Thomas Fletcher
International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Research Centre (DEI)
Leeds Metropolitan University
Leeds, LS6 3QU
+44 (0)113 8123515