Futures in Sport Business
Conference at the Nedbank Auditorium, Clock Tower Precinct, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town 7 – 8 March 2013
The inaugural Futures in Sport Business conference will provide a platform for representatives from the sport industry, athletes, government, academics and students to engage and exchange ideas on the current challenges and future opportunities within the growing business of sport in South Africa.
The conference programme will include panel presentations and discussions led by a facilitator, specifically encouraging interaction between panellists and the audience. Keynote speakers will have the opportunity to highlight specific issues of relevance within their specialised field.
Jointly hosted by the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, the Western Cape Department of Culture & Sport and Nedbank, this two-day conference will take place at the Nedbank Auditorium at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town. The conference venue is located at the prestigous tourist attraction which lies at the foot of Table Mountain, within a stone’s throw from the Cape Town Stadium and in the heart of Cape Town’s working harbour, the V&A Waterfront offers the visitor an abundance of unforgettable experiences.
- To highlight the current local and global issues, challenges and opportunities within the business of sport;To facilitate the sharing of knowledge between various role-players and stakeholders within the sport industry;
- To build relationships and networks between stakeholders within the sport business industry;
- To encourage future collaboration and engagement between industry and academia within the business of sport; and
- To identify needs and opportunities within the industry that will encourage knowledge transfer and innovation.
Who should attend:
- All sports business industry representatives, including business related to areas of media, events, sports teams, leagues, sponsorship, sports retail, athlete representatives, health and fitness, and sports development and investment;
- Local, regional and national government representatives involved in sport, events, development and facilities;
- Athletes, coaches, trainers and managers; and
- Academics and students within the sports business industry.
- Globalisation & the Business of Sport
- The Business of Sport Development & Investment
- The Future of Branding & Sponsership
- Beyond 2010 – Events, Tourism & Legacy
- The Future of High Performance – Science & Business
- Sport Governannce & Financial Management
- Innovation in Sport Studies & Research
Cost and Registration:
- R1500 Full delegate
- R500 Student delegate
Functions and networking:
- Each day presentation will be concluded with an evening function.