The University of Wolverhampton is delighted to be hosting the fifth annual European Sport Development Network conference. The conference will take place in the heart of England, at the Performance Hub on the Walsall Campus.
- Date: Tuesday 9 September 2014
- Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Opportunity through sport
The conference will adopt the theme of Opportunity through sport, and will soon welcome contributions relating to the following sub-themes:
- Community led sports development
- The role of sport development in addressing health inequalities
- Programme sustainability in sports development – ensuring long term outcomes
- Partnerships in sport
- The role of social enterprises in sport development
- Sports development and the European Union
- Intergenerational sports development
- The role of the third sector in sports development
We are also excited to host a panel discussion ‘A sporting manifesto for 2015’ as part of the conference – more details will be distributed soon.
ESDN 2014 will be delivered in partnership with the Sport and Recreation Alliance, the Black Country BeActive Partnership, and Sport 4 Life, reflecting the work of all stakeholders working in the field of sports development.
- First Announcement: December 2013
- Programme launch and call for papers: January 2014
- Abstract deadline: 14th March 2014
- Registration opens: 1st April 2014
- Registration closes: 1st September 2014
- Conference: 9th September 2014