The Christmas Sport Scientific Conference is a unique event, having the aim of providing an informal forum for the presentation of research, projects and proposals by postgraduate students or inexperienced researchers. It hopes to provide an opportunity for young researchers to present their ideas in English, a daunting task to most of us, and begin their career path in a friendly atmosphere. There are always a number of very experienced Sports Scientists invited as Keynote Speakers and, as well as providing exemplars in presentation style and content, also provide the delegates with feedback and positive criticism on their research communication skills. In effect the Conference then becomes a practical output for Scientific Writing and Research Methods courses. It was the dearth of such courses in Europe that ’sparked’ the ideas for the first Conference ten years ago.
University of West Hungary, Savaria Campus, Institute of Sport Science and INSHS (International Network of Sport and Health Science), Hungarian Society of Sport Science, SportProfNet
Invited keynote speakers
- Nic James (University Middlesex)- UK
- Helmut Simi (FH- Joanneum) – Austria
- Goran Sporis (Faculty of Kineziology) – Croatia
- Zoran Milanovic (University of Nis) – Serbia
- Mike Hughes (University Middlesex) – UK
- Michael Vit (Masaryk University) – Czeh Republic
- Arnold Baca ( University Vienna) – Austria
Deadline for Abstracts and Full papers
- Final date for sending abstracts: 25th November 2014.
- Final date for sending full papers: 20th January 2015.
Book of Abstract: Online Book of Abstract (with ISBN) will be prepared.
- One delegate can present only one paper and may get only one publication ( if accepted) for the registration fee. Second presentation/publication could be done by delegate if he/she is first or second author for an extra fee of 75 EUR.
- All abstract will be accepted, subject to review, but only accepted papers will be published in the special edition of JHSE (www.jhse.ua.es/jhse.) at about June/July 2015.
- Only the papers registered and presenting participants may have the chance to get published in the JHSE online journal run by University of Alicante.
- Only papers and abstracts prepared according the guidelines and sent before the deadline may be published. See: (http://www.jhse.ua.es/jhse/information/authors).
Language of conference: English
Forms of presentation: Oral (10 minutes) or E-poster 5 minutes introduction, 6 slides maximum. Please attach your poster slides to the Registration Form for Presentation.
Director of Scientific Programme: Prof. Dr. Mike Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The best oral and poster presentation will be awarded at the Closing Ceremony.
The Special Mini-Workshop for Post Graduate and PhD Students in Writing Thesis and Presentation of Researches will be hold by Professor Mike Hughes. This part of the conference is suggested in pzrticlulary for Not native English academic staff/students who would improve their scientific English and have the aims to get involved in international research projects, programmes or study in an English language sport science study programme abroad, would do MSc/PhD in sport science and would take part on international sport scientific events
We suggest that you will enjoy this experience and substantially benefit from it, because you will:-
- learn from the presentations of others,
- be able to get to know other scientists,
- have 3 relaxing and pleasant days before the hectic Xmas ‘holiday’,
- have more time to discuss further potential international projects and programmes,
- get information about new initiatives and programmes/projects in sport science,
- meet friends,
- enjoy the unique Szombathely (Vienna?) Christmas ambiance.
Because the traditional International INSHS Christmas Conference is about all these aspects, we believe that’s why it is special and has become more and more popular.