This women in sport and exercise conference will discuss the issues around women’s participation in sport and exercise.
The themes of the conference will include:
- Female-specific health and medical issues arising from participation in sport and exercise
- Issues and opportunities for women’s participation in sport and exercise
The Women in Sport and Exercise Academic Network (WISEAN) is a research-orientated interdisciplinary group that focuses on:
- Generating high quality, impactful research into women in sport and exercise (WISE)
- Collaborating and sharing resources
- Increasing the visibility of WISE issues
- Research mentoring
The Women In Sport and Exercise Conference 2018 welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to your respective field.
We invite you to submit an abstract as part of our ‘lightning talks’. The content of the abstract should fit into the themes of the conference. Your ‘lightning talk’ should last 3 minutes, with 2 minutes available for questions. Although the presentations will be restricted in time, you can use any format that suits your content.
- Write no more than 300 words
- Adhere to the following format, where applicable: title, author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), background, aim(s), methods, results, conclusion
- Use UK English spelling and punctuation
- Use Ariel font size 11, single-line spacing
- Use the APA (American Psychological Association) style of referencing, but keep referencing to a minimum
- For all abbreviations, write the word in full first and restrict the number of abbreviations
- Use SI units, where appropriate
All authors must have contributed to the abstract. Multiple abstracts can be submitted. All accepted abstracts will be made available to conference delegates.
How to submit your abstract
Send your abstract as a Word document in an attachment to: WISEconf18@staffs.ac.uk. Abstracts will be reviewed by the conference organisers to ensure that they fit into the themes of the conference. All presenters will need to register for the conference.
- Abstract deadline: Friday 23 March 2018
- Acceptance of abstracts will be communicated to the corresponding author by 6th April