The Sport, Exercise, & Kinesiology Unit of ATINER organizes its 21st Annual International Conference on Sports: Economic, Management, Marketing & Social Aspects, 10-13 May 2021, Athens, Greece sponsored by the Athens Journal of Sports.
The aim of the conference is to bring together academics and researchers of all areas of sports. Participants can present on sports topics within broad streams of research areas. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to): the Impacts of Olympic Games, Professional Sports, Sport-Scheduling, Sports Tourism, Sports Law, Sports Communication, Sports & Media, Sports & Society, Sport Psychology, Sports Violence, Sports & Education, Sports & Ethics, Sport Technology, Sports and Computer Applications, Sports & Information Technology, Sport Services and Sports History. Also, special sessions will be organized for individual sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball, handball, ice hockey, tennis, car racing, gymnastics etc).
Fee structure information is available on www.atiner.gr/fees.
Special arrangements will be made with a local hotel for a limited number of rooms at a special conference rate. In addition, a number of special events will be organized: A pragmatic symposium (as organized in Ancient Athens but fine tuned to synchronous ethics), a special one-day educational island tour, a Mycenae and island of Poros visit, an Athens educational walking tour, an one-day visit to Delphi and an ancient Corinth and Cape Sounion visit. Details of the social program are available here.
Please submit an abstract (email only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the abstract submission form by the 12 October 2020 to: Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor of Economics, University of Stirling, UK or Dr. Maria Konstantaki, Head, Sport, Exercise, & Kinesiology Unit, ATINER & Research Fellow, UK. Abstracts should include the following: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address, and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a stream, chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, UK (email@example.com).
The association was established in 1995 as an independent world association of Academics and Researchers. Its mission is to act as a forum where Academics and Researchers from all over the world can meet in Athens, in order to exchange ideas on their research, and to discuss future developments in their disciplines.
The organizing and hosting of International Conferences and Symposiums, the carrying out of Research, and the production of Publications are the basic activities of ATINER. Since 1995, ATINER has organized more than 400 International Conferences and other events, and has published close to 200 books. In 2012, the Association launched a series of conference paper publications (click here), and at the beginning of 2014, it introduced its own series of Journals (click here).
Academically, the Association is organized into 6 0, 37 Units and 6 Centers. Each Unit organizes at least an Annual International Conference, and may also undertake various small and large research projects.
Academics and Researchers are more than welcome to become members and to contribute to ATINER’s objectives. If you would like to become a member, please download the relevant form (membership form). For more information on how to become a member, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor of Economics, University of Stirling, UK.
- Dr. Maria Konstantaki, Head, Sport, Exercise, & Kinesiology Unit, ATINER & Research Fellow, UK.
- Dr. Chris Sakellariou, Head, Economics Unit, ATINER & Associate Professor of Economics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Dr. Nikolaos I. Liodakis, Director, Social Sciences Division, ATINER & Associate Professor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada.
- Dr. Sharon Claire Bolton, Head, Management Unit, ATINER & Professor, The Management School, University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Dr. Cleopatra Veloutsou, Head, Marketing Unit, ATINER & Professor of Brand Management, University of Glasgow, UK.
- Dr. Valia Kasimati, Head, Tourism, Leisure & Recreation Unit, ATINER & Researcher, Department of Economic Analysis & Research, Central Bank of Greece, Greece.
- Dr. Christos Anagnostopoulos, Co-editor, Athens Journal of Sports, Associate Professor, Molde University College, Norway & Associate Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus.
- Deadline to submit abstracts: 12 October 2020 (Decisions are reached in less than 4 weeks after the abstract submission-Please click here for our policy on abstract and paper acceptance).
- Deadline to register with a paper presentation: Please see your acceptance letter sent to you after submitting the abstract.
- Deadline to register without a presentation: At least one month before the conference subject to approval.
- Deadline to submit full papers: 12 April 2021 (Unless otherwise is specified in your acceptance letter). Click here for Paper Guidelines. Please submit the paper only if the abstract submission has been officially accepted. ATINER does not consider papers for publication if they are not presented by the author at one of its conferences. Please submit your paper using the following paper submission form (click here).