The conference will provide a platform for exchanging innovative thoughts and creating cooperation between researchers in the fields of sport management and economics.
We are inviting proposals for paper presentations as well as complete sessions consisting out of three papers/presenters.
The conference will be organized in cooperation with the International Association of Sports Economists (IASE).
This conference provides researchers with an opportunity to present theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented research on:
- The American versus the European league system
- Corporate governance in sport management & institutions
- FIFA – What’s going wrong and how to improve it?
- Doping: Legalize it?
- Sport Governance
- Major Events
- International Sports Policy
- The dark side of football: Hooliganism
- It’s an ultra life: The power of ultras within European football
- American Sports: American Football, Baseball and Hockey
- The African/Asian/Australian/South-American sports industry
- Betting market efficiency and anomalies
- Forecasting match & league outcomes
- Uncertainty in match and league outcome: Does it matter?
- Running , Biking, and Triathlon
- Olympics: Medal counts and medal ranks
- The impact on sport events on the city, region, and country
- Changes of the rules of the game and its impact on the attractiveness of the sport
- Sport & leisure industry
- Demand for tickets
- Demand for talents: Sport and the labor market