The College Sport Research Institute welcomes the submission of abstracts for its 12th annual CSRI Conference on College Sport to be held at the USC Alumni Center, University of South Carolina Columbia, SC.
The conference’s mission is to: “Provide students, scholars, and college-sport practitioners a public forum to discuss relevant and timely college sport issues.”
To be considered for acceptance, abstracts should reflect college-sport research situated at the intersection of sport, politics, economics, law, sociology and society. Such research may investigate race/ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, nationalism/patriotism, or immigration issues within college sport. The research should have reached a fairly complete stage of development, and the abstract should provide enough detail to allow reviewers to judge its quality. Abstracts proposing teaching-related sessions on college-sport issues will also be considered, as long as the abstract provides sufficient detail to judge the proposed session’s quality.
- Abstracts will undergo a multi-person, blind-review process to determine
- Submitted abstracts should not be concurrently submitted to another
- There is a two-abstract submission limit, including multi-author
- Abstracts submitted by students must have an advisor’s
- Abstracts on which an advisor is listed as “approving” the submission do not count against the two-abstract submission
Abstracts will be accepted until Friday, January 18, 2019 (11:59p.m. EST).
Abstract format and submission procedures
All abstracts must be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment and must contain the following information and conform to the following format requirements:
- One-inch margins,
- Times New Roman 12-point font,and
- 400-word maximum for poster presentations, 800-word maximum for 30-minute oral presentations & 65-minute symposia, panels, roundtables, or workshops. (NOTE: References should be included for in-text)
Line 1: Type of session desired (choose from the options below):
- 30-minute oral presentation (including questions)
- 65-minute symposium, panel, roundtable, orworkshop
Line 2: three-to-four keywords that will help the program coordinator schedule similar topics in succession
Line 3: author(s) and institution(s) names (centered on page) Line 4: presentation title (centered on page)
Line 5: blank
Line 6 to end: text of abstract (including demonstration of research conducted) In your email please include the corresponding author’s contact information.
Submission of abstract(s) indicates the intent of the presenter(s) to register for the conference at the appropriate registration fee.
Email all abstracts to CSRI Conference Abstract Review Committe at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: All abstracts must be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment. (This allows us to make sure all abstracts are “spell-checked” and formatted appropriately.)
For more information regarding the conference visit http://www.csriconference.org, or call: 803.777.5550.